KAALtv.com

Carbon Monoxide Detector May Have Saved Rochester Family

Posted at: 11/26/2012 11:38 AM

(ABC 6 News) - A carbon monoxide detector may have saved a Rochester family Wednesday night.

The Rochester Fire Department was called to a home on the 1500 block of 46th Street NW with reports of a carbon monoxide detector going off.

When crews arrived they found small traces of carbon monoxide. The family's stove was found to be the cause of the leak.

The Fire Department wants to remind everyone to make sure they have a carbon monoxide detector and to check it, to make sure it's working, each month.