Updated at: 07/10/2013 11:05 AM
(AP) LAC-MEGANTIC - Police say the number of missing in the fiery oil train derailment that demolished a large part of a Quebec town has risen to 60.
Quebec police inspector Michel Forget said Wednesday that the latest numbers reflect missing person reports from various sources and that the number is still in flux. Previously, police said some 50 people were reported missing.
Rescuers have recovered 15 bodies from the wreckage so far, but they are so badly burnt that authorities have not been able to identify them.
Safety concerns at the disaster’s epicenter continue to hinder recovery efforts, officials said.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)