Posted at: 09/03/2013 11:18 AM
Updated at: 09/03/2013 11:23 AM
(ABC 6 News) - The Rochester Fire Department says an apartment building’s sprinkler system may have saved the day.
Fire department crews were called to Lofts on 3rd just before four o’clock Sunday for an alarm going off in an apartment.
They discovered a small fire had started on the stove and spread to nearby cabinets. But fortunately, the apartment's sprinkler system activated and put out the fire.
The damage is estimated at more than $5,000, but the fire officials say it could have been much worse if the sprinkler had not gone off.
The resident was not home at the time of the blaze.