UPDATE: Evacuated Rochester Tenants Allowed Back Home

Posted at: 10/21/2013 3:39 PM
Updated at: 10/21/2013 10:56 PM

(ABC 6 NEWS) -- As of 5:50 PM all occupants had been allowed to return to their units at the Bear Creek Apartments. They had been evacuated due to a insecticide that had caused a haze inside portions of the complex... is after ventilation of the apartments.

Authorities say no injuries were reported.

The complex is located at 1400 block of Marion Road Southeast. We're told the building was evacuated as a precaution after an insecticide was found in second and third floor hallways.

Investigators say the insecticide is linked to a fumigation being done in one of the units. It is a respiratory irritant, but at this point, nobody has reported getting sick.

Just before 4 p.m., fire officials announced identified the insecticide as Pyrocide 100, which is an insecticide commonly used in dwellings, hospitals and other facilities.  The fire department is investigating how the material escaped the apartment(s) being treated and got into the hallways.  Firefighters could see a visible haze in the corridors of floors two and three when they first arrived.

However, they say the product does not pose any risk of delayed symptoms. The Minnesota Department of Agriculture is investigating the incident.