Posted at: 08/03/2014 2:21 PM
According to Cerro Gordo County Sheriff's Office, ten people were injured when Andrew Nicholas of Clear Lake struck a docked boat around 2:00 am Sunday morning.
(ABC 6 News) -- According to Cerro Gordo County Sheriff's Office, ten people were injured when Andrew Nicholas of Clear Lake struck a docked boat around 2:00 am Sunday morning.
The collision happened at the 1500-1600 Block of the South Shore in Clear Lake, Iowa.
Both boats were destroyed and all passengers on the boat were treated by Clear Lake Fire & Rescue and Mason City Fire Medics.
Two were transported by ambulance, Nicholas and Taylor Olson, 23, of Clear Lake. Two, Erinn Heine, 22, of Clear Lake and Michael Holmes, 23, of Clear Lake, were transported by private vehicles to Mercy Medical Center North Iowa for their injuries.
Others on the boat treated at the scene.
· Hunter Murray King, 21, of Clear Lake
· Andrew Paul Burgmeier, 22, of Mason City
· Matthew Thomas Palzkill, 25, of Mason City
· Paige Elizabeth Bartleson, 23, of Clear Lake
· Alexandria Jo Hayes, 22, of Clear Lake
· Tiffini Marie Cieplenski, 20, of Forest City
The investigation into the collision is being conducted by the sheriff’s office and Iowa DNR.