Posted at: 10/12/2012 12:46 PM
By: KOB.com staff
Presbyterian Medical Group will provide free flu shots to the community Saturday at four Presbyterian locations in Albuquerque, Rio Rancho and Los Lunas.
Clinic hours will run from 8:00 a.m. to noon or until the vaccine is gone.
Presbyterian Medical Group - High Resort 4005 High Resort Blvd. Rio Rancho, NM 87124-5906
Presbyterian Medical Group - San Mateo 401 San Mateo Blvd., SE Albuquerque, NM 87108-2921
Presbyterian Medical Group - Isleta 3436 Isleta Blvd., SW Albuquerque, NM 87105-5837
Presbyterian Medical Group - Los Lunas 200 Emilio Lopez Road Los Lunas, NM 87031-6818
The 2012-2013 flu vaccine will protect against three strains of seasonal flu, influenza A H3N2-type virus, influenza A H1N1-type virus and influenza B-type virus.
For their safety, children ages 7 and under cannot receive flu shots through this clinic and should get their shots from their regular pediatrician.
Some people are at risk for serious illness from the seasonal flu and should get a flu shot every year, including:
· People 65 years of age or older
· Residents of nursing homes and similar facilities
· Adults and children who have chronic heart or lung diseases, diabetes, kidney disease or serve forms of anemia
· Healthcare workers in contact with people in high-risk groups
· Caregivers or people who live with someone in a high-risk group