NJ smoker burned when she accidently ignites hair

Updated at: 10/14/2012 10:35 AM
By:

(AP) BUTLER, N.J. - Authorities say a northern New Jersey woman was seriously burned when she accidentally ignited her hair while trying to light a cigarette.

The 64-year-old Butler resident was in her apartment Saturday afternoon when her hair caught fire. She has severe burns on her forehead, face and neck and was flown to a hospital, where she was listed in serious condition.

Authorities are investigating.

(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)