Posted at: 12/27/2012 3:44 PM
Updated at: 12/27/2012 5:52 PM
By: KOB.com Staff
A Rio Rancho family escaped from their home safely after a fire broke out Thursday morning.
The incident occurred near Unser and Southern.
The homeowner told investigators he had a fire going in his fireplace when he saw flames coming out of an electrical socket.
When crews arrived they found a fire in the wall and put the flames out quickly.
The fire only damaged a portion of the wall and the fireplace.
The family will be able to stay in the home.