Fire strikes Rio Rancho home

Posted at: 12/27/2012 3:44 PM
Updated at: 12/27/2012 5:52 PM
By: KOB.com Staff

A Rio Rancho family escaped from their home safely after a fire broke out Thursday morning.

The incident occurred near Unser and Southern.

The homeowner told investigators he had a fire going in his fireplace when he saw flames coming out of an electrical socket.

When crews arrived they found a fire in the wall and put the flames out quickly.

The fire only damaged a portion of the wall and the fireplace.

The family will be able to stay in the home.