UPDATE: Firefighters say Corrales home not a total loss

Posted at: 01/07/2013 9:02 AM
Updated at: 01/07/2013 12:27 PM
By: KOB.com staff

Rio Rancho and Corrales firefighters say a home that burned Monday in Corrales was not a total loss.

Firefighters tell KOB that the fire that burned a home on Corrales Road near and Sagebrush started in the fireplace, spread to the chimney and then burned into the attic.

No one was injured in the fire but the homeowner will not be able to stay in the home, firefighters said.

Watch KOB Eyewitness News 4 Midday at noon for more on the fire.