Posted at: 02/03/2013 9:47 PM
Updated at: 02/04/2013 6:21 AM
By: KOB.com Staff
Some Albuquerque homeowners had to make dash out of their house after a fire in their fireplace ended up causing a full blown house fire.
The fire occurred at home near Washington and Copper Ave.
The Albuquerque Fire Department told KOB Eyewitness News 4 the fire started in the chimney, spread to the attic and then to the roof.
We're told everyone in the home got out safely and no injuries were reported.
Firefighters had the fire under control within minutes.
Crews also put out an abandoned house fire Sunday night near Candelaria and Chelwood park.
Firefighters said there were flames and smoke coming from the roof when they arrived.
Fire officials said the department is still investigating the cause of that fire.
Officials added that the house has a history with fires.