Posted at: 05/07/2013 8:48 AM
Updated at: 05/07/2013 8:49 AM
By: Erica Zucco, KOB Eyewitness News 4
On Tuesday night, the Transit Department wants you to weigh in on the development of a bus "rapid transit system" for Central Avenue. The idea is to make changes that make buses faster, more convenient and more appealing. This can sway more people to use public transit, decreasing congestion and travel time along Central Avenue.
The department has already held one round of public meetings. There, they discussed topics like a smart signal system for buses, loading docks that are level with the bus floor, and off-bus fare collection. Tonight they want to address bus lane modifications and considerations for bus stop locations along Central Avenue.
If you can't make tonight's meeting, there are several others coming up as well. Here is a full list.
• Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 6 p.m.-7:30 p.m.: Old Main Library - Special Collections, Botts Hall - 423 Central NE, 87102
• Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 6 p.m.-7:30 p.m.: Mesa Verde Community Center - 7900 Marquette NE, 87108
• Tuesday, May 14, 2013, 6 p.m.-7:30 p.m.: Loma Linda Community Center - 1700 Yale SE, 87106
• Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 6 p.m.-7:30 p.m.: Manzano Mesa Multigenerational Center - 501 Elizabeth SE, 87123-2887
• Tuesday, May 28, 2013, 6 p.m.-7:30 p.m.: Alamosa Community Center- 6900 Gonzales Rd SW, 87121
• Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 6 p.m.-7:30 p.m. :Albuquerque Museum of Art and History, Ventana Salon - 2000 Mountain NW, 87104