Dylan Redwine investigation continues

Posted at: 07/01/2013 6:36 PM
By: Ashley McElroy, KOB Eyewitness News 4



It's been a bittersweet week for family and friends of Dylan Redwine.

After a candlelight vigil held Saturday, the focus now is to find out what happened to the 13-year old.

"Finding him was one part of the process and now we got to figure out why he was taken from us," said Dylan’s brother, Corey Redwine. 

Redwine went missing from Vallecito seven months ago while visiting his father on a court-ordered Thanksgiving visit.

Remains of the boy were found last week near Middle Mountain Road, an area his dad, Mark Redwine, called disturbing.

"It’s so large, it’s a mile and a half long and extends deep into the forest as well as the road," he said.

Investigators have been working with all family members including Mark Redwine, who says he met with investigators Saturday. He plans to meet with them again tomorrow.

"Right now I think the most important thing that we can be doing is to is find the rest of Dylan’s remains and with that being said, my focus right now is to gather in all of Dylan so we can give him a proper burial," he said.

Dylan's mother says she is hopeful whoever did this to him will be found.

"Don't take off your “Hope for Dylan” wristband because there’s always hope and the hope that we find some more answers and we have at least peace for us and for Dylan," she said.

KOB Eyewitness News 4 talked to the La Plata County Sheriff's Department Monday. They couldn't comment on the investigation because it is still ongoing