Malfunction leads to small fire at PNM switch yard

Posted at: 07/06/2013 5:05 PM
Updated at: 07/06/2013 7:20 PM
By: Jeffery Gordon, KOB.com



Albuquerque firefighters were called out to a small fire at PNM’s switch yard near Unser and Ladera on Saturday.

KOB Eyewitness News 4 was told that a capacitor transformer malfunctioned for an unknown reason.

The transformer malfunction lead to the fire, but the situation was quickly controlled by firefighters.

Officials say the incident caused a momentary outage for some customers.

No injuries were reported.