Investigators tight-lipped about Redwine house search

Posted at: 08/15/2013 10:38 AM
Updated at: 08/15/2013 12:31 PM
By: Elizabeth Reed, KOB.com



Southwestern Colorado investigators confirm they searched the home of a man whose son's remains were found in June, but won't reveal what they found.

Dan Bender of the La Plata County Sheriff's Office said they had "no comment" regarding what was taken during the execution of the search warrant.

TV station KUSA spoke with Mark Redwine and reported the deputies took a fireplace poker, clothing and a cell phone. Redwine said they also removed sections of carpet and wood floors and dug a hole in his yard underneath an outdoor staircase.

Bender said the search was part of the ongoing investigation into the death of Dylan Redwine. The 13-year-old boy went missing from Vallecito, Colo., while visiting his father on a court-ordered Thanksgiving visit last year. His remains were found in the Middle Mountain area in June of 2013.

"As we have stated in the past, we have not labeled anyone as a suspect in this case," Bender wrote to the media on Thursday morning.

The FBI assisted La Plata County and state authorities in executing the search warrant.