Just the Facts: Nicole Brady
• Position: Morning anchor. Formerly evening news anchor at 5, 6 and 10 pm
• Year Hired at KOB Eyewitness News 4: 2004
• First TV Appearance: Organized a Blood Drive at my high school in 1997 – one Denver news station came out and interviewed us!
• Other TV jobs/markets/stations: KRCR-TV in Redding, CA from 2002-2004, General Assignment Reporter at KOB from 2004-2005, Morning anchor at KOB from 2005-2007.
• Most Memorable Story: A few months after I moved here in 2004, I was sent to Hondo, New Mexico to cover the Cody Posey murders. Posey killed his father, step-mother, and step-sister on the ranch they worked on, a ranch owned by famous news anchor Sam Donaldson. This story was particularly interesting to me, because it happened in the tiny community of Hondo where my family is from. Some of my cousins knew Cody Posey. It was a bizarre experience all around … from hearing their personal stories… to interviewing Sam Donaldson… to having members of my own family show up at the courthouse in Alamogordo for Cody’s arraignment. It was probably the biggest story of the year in New Mexico, one people still remember, and one that I never imagined I’d cover in a place where I spent so much time as a child.
• Role Model/Most Admired: Tina Fey … I think she's a great role model for all women
• Hidden Talent: I took improv comedy classes when I first moved to Albuquerque. I think I'm pretty funny!
• Favorite TV Show: Most recently, Breaking Bad. Favorite show of all time - Seinfeld.
• Alma Mater: University of Colorado, Boulder
• Hometown: Highlands Ranch, Colorado
• Height: 5'7
• Star Sign: Cancer
• Kids: A girl born September 2012, and a boy born in January 2014
• Pets: Two dogs, Lucy and Sonja
• Siblings: I'm the oldest of 7 kids! My youngest brother was born the week of my high school graduation.
• Hobbies: Running – can't wait to do another Duke City Half Marathon when I'm not pregnant or chasing a small child around!
• One thing my co-workers don't know about me is… Well some of them know this, others may not, but I have a famous New Mexico ancestor. My Great-Great-Great Grandfather, William Brady, was the sheriff of Lincoln County, New Mexico, during the Lincoln County War (made famous by movies like "Young Guns"). He was shot dead by none other than Billy the Kid during an ambush in 1878.