Created: 10/24/2012 12:16 PM KSTP.com By: Jennie Olson
The Woodbury High School Football team is hosting a blood Wednesday that’s open to the community.
The drive will take place from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 27, at Woodbury High School. It’s a collaboration between the high school, WAA Football and the American Red Cross.
According to the American Red Cross, in order to donate blood, you must:
- Be healthy, meaning that you feel well and can perform normal activities. Chronic conditions must be treated and under control.
- Be at least 17 years old, or 16 years old with parental consent
- Weigh at least 110 pounds
- Be free of antibiotics for 24 hours, unless taken daily for skin condition
Here is the frequency with which you can donate:
- Blood (whole blood): Every 56 days
- Platelets: Every 7 days, up to 24 times per year
- Plasma: Every 28 days, up to 13 times per year
- Double Red Cells: Every 112 days, up to 3 times per year
To preregister, visit www.redcross.org and enter sponsor code 0173548 or call 1-800 RED CROSS and provide the sponsor code 0173548.