Created: 11/08/2012 8:55 AM KSTP.com By: Jennie Olson
The latest on the fallout from Superstorm Sandy, which hit the East Coast last week, and a new wintry storm hitting the Northeast.
- FORECAST: A storm moving up the East Coast with snow, sleet, rain and wind gusts as high as 60 mph is expected through Thursday. Moderate coastal flooding possible.
- POWER OUTAGES: More than 702,000 homes and businesses, mostly in New Jersey and New York, down from a peak of more than 8.5 million. Figures from Sandy have fallen greatly or disappeared but have started rising again in some places because of the new storm.
- CONNECTICUT: State's largest utility sends line workers and tree trimmers back to work as snow and winds start. As much as 8 inches of snow falls by Wednesday night. Power outages: 3,264.
- MASSACHUSETTS: Up to 6 inches of snow falls Wednesday in many parts of the state. Temperatures expected to rise to the 50s by Friday. Rain expected on Cape Cod, Outages: 2,668.
- NEW JERSEY: Crews push sand back onto beaches to protect areas flooded by Sandy's surge. New evacuations ordered in some communities already emptied by Sandy; new shelters open. Some who just got power back after Sandy lost it in new storm. Outages: 403,000.
- NEW YORK: Many areas see 3 to 6 inches of snow on Wednesday, but some get much more. Snow and high winds expected to move slowly out of the area on Thursday. Residents of low-lying neighborhoods are urged, but not ordered, to evacuate. Outages: More than 292,700, tens of thousands of them caused by the new storm.
- PENNSYLVANIA: Road and utility crews prepare for windblown snow, freezing rain and 1 to 5 inches of snow, including up to 4 in Philadelphia. Delays and cancellations at Philadelphia airport. Outages: About 415.
- RHODE ISLAND: Snowfall of 3 to 6 inches falls Wednesday; officials temporarily suspend recovery efforts. Outages: About 100.
- DEATHS: More than 100; figure has fluctuated as authorities release more information.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)