Updated: 12/12/2012 11:12 AM KSTP.com By: Jennie Olson
The American Red Cross will be holding a blood drive in White Bear Lake today.
The drive will take place from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 12, at the White Bear Lake Fire Department.
According to the American Red Cross, in order to donate blood, you must:
- Be healthy, meaning that you feel well and can perform normal activities. Chronic conditions must be treated and under control.
- Be at least 17 years old, or 16 years old with parental consent
- Weigh at least 110 pounds
- Be free of antibiotics for 24 hours, unless taken daily for skin condition
Here is the frequency with which you can donate:
- Blood (whole blood): Every 56 days
- Platelets: Every 7 days, up to 24 times per year
- Plasma: Every 28 days, up to 13 times per year
- Double Red Cells: Every 112 days, up to 3 times per year
To register, visit www.redcrossblood.org and enter sponsor code 0175710 or call Diane Krinkie at 651-429-8508.