Updated: 01/09/2013 2:20 PM KSTP.com By: Cassie Hart
Uptown is coming together tonight after a fire destroyed a 100-year-old condo building, leaving all its residents the task of starting over.
Amore Victoria Restaurant, which is near the Condominium destroyed by the fire Friday, has organized a benefit for those families.
Owner, Jenna Victoria said, "It's part of being a good neighbor. It's actually simply being a good neighbor is doing this. We just felt that these people have lost everything. And if we could give them something, organize something, we're in the perfect position to do that. "
There will be a silent auction from 6:00 p.m. until 10 p.m. Donations are still be accepted at Uptown businesses to help those left displaced get back on their feet.
The fire that gutted the 8-unit complex on January 28th, was started by candles left unattended. It was ruled accidental.