Updated: 02/01/2013 10:28 AM KSTP.com By: Jennie Olson
Here are a few ways one can compare an authentic NFL jersey to a counterfeit:
- Licensed jerseys and merchandise all come with an NFL hologram logo that changes colors as you move it.
- Authentic jerseys all have tags on the back neck and do not have cardboard behind numbers.
- Authentic jerseys are hard to rip, the Nike logo is fully stitched on it and it typically doesn't have loose threads.
- New players who begin playing regularly in midseason, like San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, don't have regular authentic NFL jerseys. It takes months for stores to order and receive them. Stores that sell licensed merchadise may have limited edition Kaepernick Super Bowl jerseys.
- Team names are spelled correctly.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)