Cell Phone Explodes in Teen's Pocket at Rochester School

Updated: 02/22/2013 8:22 AM KSTP.com By: Maricella Miranda

A Minnesota teen found that a cell phone can be dangerous - just in his pocket.

A student at Kellogg Middle School in Rochester was burned when his cell phone batter exploded in his pants.

Mayo Clinic advised the boy's parents to watch for symptoms of smoke inhalation, like a burning sensation in the throat.

There was so much smoke in the classroom that the students had to evacuate.