Updated: 04/12/2013 11:45 AM KSTP.com By: Jennie Olson
Testimony continues in a trial for a man who admitted to killing his three daughters in River Falls, Wis. The prosecution is starting to present a detailed timeline of Aaron Schaffhausen's activities from July 8-10, 2012.
Sunday, July 8, 2012
This is the day Schaffhausen bought his train ticket to the Twin Cities
- 5:39 p.m. – Schaffhausen booked a one-way Amtrak ticket from Minot, N.D., to St. Paul
- 9:30 p.m. – Schaffhausen printed out his Amtrak ticket at the Minot train station
Monday, July 9, 2012
This is the day Schaffhausen arrived in St. Paul on a train from Minot, N.D.
- 1:28 a.m. The train left Minot for St. Paul
- 1:35 a.m. Schaffhausen’s ticket was checked by the conductor or assistant conductor
- 11:38 a.m. – The train arrived in St. Paul
- 11:47 a.m. - Schaffhausen rented a car for 24 hours
- 12:20 p.m. - Schaffhausen checked into a St. Paul hotel
- 12:47 p.m. - Schaffhausen withdrew $1,000 from an ATM
- 1:56-5:39 p.m. – No record of his activities
- 6:11 p.m. - Schaffhausen spoke with a co-worker on the phone and gave the impression he was still in Minot
- 6:37 p.m. - Schaffhausen bought a one-way return ticket from St. Paul to Minot. The train was scheduled to leave St. Paul at 11:15 p.m. Tuesday, July 10, the day of the killings.
Tuesday, July 10, 2012
This is the day of the murders of 11-year-old Amara, 8-year-old Sophie, and 5-year-old Cecilia.
- Around 9:15 a.m. – Schaffhausen had a meal and drinks at Liffey Pub
- 11:34 a.m. – Schaffhausen sent his first text to his ex-wife, Jessica Schaffhausen
- 12:12 p.m. – Aaron Schaffhausen called Jessica Schaffhausen and said he was “in town unexpectedly.” He told her he was in the cities to get his van serviced
- 12:23 p.m. – He got an incoming call from Jessica Schaffhausen, which went to voicemail for 35 seconds
- 12:24 p.m. – Aaron Schaffhausen called Jessica Schaffhausen again for 265 seconds
- Around 1:30 p.m. – Aaron Schaffhausen arrived at the River Falls home
- 3:30 p.m. – Aaron Schaffhausen called Jessica Schaffhausen and said he killed the kids, which was a 35 second phone call
- 3:31 p.m. – Jessica Schaffhausen called 911
- Around 4:45 p.m. – Aaron Schaffhausen arrived at the police station