Updated: 07/09/2013 5:48 PM KSTP.com By: Jennie Olson
Photo: MGN Online
A 46-year-old man is dead after getting electrocuted in Eagle Lake while trying to charge a boat battery.
According to the Sherburne County Sheriff’s Office, Daniel Petersen of Big Lake was trying to charge his boat battery while the boat was in the water. He was standing in about 20 inches of water when he lost his footing and fell into the lake, holding the charger at the time.
His sister, 49-year-old Kris Biser, saw him fall and tried to help him by running into the water. She was also shocked and was found unconscious. Neighbors unplugged the electrical cord and pulled the two people from the water. Deputies were called around 2:38 p.m. Thursday, July 4.
Deputies say Biser was breathing on her own and was transported to St. Cloud Hospital by ambulance.
Petersen was airlifted to Hennepin County Medical Center but was pronounced dead Sunday, July 7.