Updated: 08/22/2013 2:07 PM KSTP.com By: Maricella Miranda
Here is a sampling from the nearly two dozen contracts pertaining to the new Minnesota Vikings stadium project. The agreements were reached by the companies and the Minnesota Sports Facilities Authority, the body overseeing the $975 million development.
- HKS Architects: Due to receive $34 million for six phases of work designing the new stadium, with the final installment coming after construction
- M.A. Mortenson Construction: Entitled to a $12.5 million base and up to $38 million for actual staging and operations costs. Firm is eligible for up to $2.5 million in post-construction bonuses - or hefty penalties of up to $15 million if it gets done late.
- Hammes Company Sports Development: Bills on an hourly basis, with charges ranging from $77 to $388 per hour. Total agreement is capped at $9.8 million, but the firm can recover up to $1 million more in expenses.
- Kimley-Horn and Associates: Earned roughly $757,000 for work on the stadium's environmental impact statement.
- Dorsey and Whitney law firm: Makes a $25,000 flat monthly fee for general counsel. Two attorneys assigned to the project can bill up to $10,000 more each month. Fees for other legal associates and paperwork costs are billed on a regular basis.
- Lockridge Grindal Nauen: Earns a $9,000 monthly retainer for government relations work.
- CH Skiem Consulting: Can make a maximum of $250,000 in 2013 for market feasibility studies and analysis of financing options.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)