Updated: 11/18/2013 6:25 AM KSTP.com By: Jennie Olson
Survivors walk in typhoon ravaged Tacloban city, Leyte province, central Philippines on Tuesday, Nov. 12, 2013.
Photo: Photo: AP/Aaron Favila
Here are the latest casualty figures and damage reports from the Philippines after Typhoon Haiyan, according to the national crisis management agency.
- National: 3,976 confirmed deaths, 1,598 missing and 18,175 injured, according to the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council.
- Eastern Visayas region covering the islands of Leyte and Samar: 3,725 dead, 17,821 injured and 1,574 missing. Widespread severe damage. Tacloban, Leyte's main city with a population of 220,000, lies in ruins. Communications, transport cut in many areas.
- Western Visayas region: 161 dead, 228 injured, 19 missing.
- Central Visayas region, which includes Cebu: 74 dead, 102 injured and 5 missing.
- Other regions: 16 dead, 24 injured.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)