Created: 12/03/2013 7:40 AM KSTP.com By: Jennie Olson
Photo: Photo: MGN Online
The Minnesota Vikings are out for blood – real blood.
Players, cheerleaders, Viktor the Viking and Memorial Blood Centers will team up for a blood drive at Mall of America’s Nickelodeon Universe Tuesday. It will be held from 3-4 p.m. in the Great Room.
According to the American Red Cross, in order to donate blood, you must:
- Be healthy, meaning that you feel well and can perform normal activities. Chronic conditions must be treated and under control.
- Be at least 17 years old, or 16 years old with parental consent
- Weigh at least 110 pounds
- Be free of antibiotics for 24 hours, unless taken daily for skin condition
Here is the frequency with which you can donate:
- Blood (whole blood): Every 56 days
- Platelets: Every 7 days, up to 24 times per year
- Plasma: Every 28 days, up to 13 times per year
- Double Red Cells: Every 112 days, up to 3 times per year