Updated: 01/06/2014 5:37 PM KSTP.com By: Megan Stewart
Firefighters responded to a three alarm fire at a home in Lakeville.
Neighbors across the pond in the back yard of the home, located at 17141 Jefferson Court, called 911 after seeing the fire on the four season porch in the back of the house, according to the fire department.
No one was home at the time of the incident.
Neighbors brought hot chocolate to firefighters, who worked in the dangerous cold to extinguish the fire.
Lakeville Fire Chief Mike Meyer said crews were taking precautions due to weather conditions.
"This is what we have to deal with," Meyer said. "If they're not working, we're keeping them in the truck to keep them warm."