Search of Maple Grove Home in Disappearance of Amy Pagnac Complete

Updated: 05/25/2014 3:53 PM By: Beth McDonough

Investigators say they have wrapped up their search of the home where a missing Maple Grove girl once lived, but the investigation into Amy Pagnac's disappearance continues.
Authorities began searching the home of Pagnac's parents last Sunday. On Saturday, they announced the search was finished, but they declined to provide details about it.

There was a 24/7 police presence everyday along the 9700 block of Hemlock Lane.  Saturday, officers removed backhoes and huge machinery capable of going where officers couldn't deep into the ground.

While the search warrant is sealed, sources tell us investigators from Maple Grove, Hennepin County and the FBI used resources and technology that didn't exist when Amy disappeared.  Including DNA testing as they searched for new information, evidence and material to be re-examined.  

It's not known if she ran away or was the victim of a crime.  Her disappearance is classified as unsolved. 

The exhaustive scene in Maple Grove stirred questions about why this home and why now, after all these years.

"It's a small portion of what we're trying to accomplish that's what we want folks to understand it's a process of not just going to one address and coming up with answers," according to Captain Ken Terlinden.
Pagnac was 13 when she disappeared from an Osseo gas station in August 1989. Her stepfather had stopped to use the restroom, and he told police she was gone when he returned.  He filed a missing person's report.
Pagnac's mother has said the girl had a medical condition that caused her to become disoriented, and she may have wandered off and been picked up by someone.  If officers found what they're looking for during the 6 day search, they're not saying.

They did firmly emphasize no suspects have been named and no one is in custody. 

After the officers and machinery left, Pagnacs parents were allowed back into their home.  They told us earlier in the week, they believe she's still alive.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.