Posted at: 06/19/2018 12:45 PM
Updated at: 06/19/2018 3:58 PM
Chef and Owner of Coalition, Eli Wollenzien stopped by TCL's kitchen to share his tips on making Tuna Poke.
Raw Tuna (diced, held very cold) 6 oz
Ginger Soy Sauce (recipe below) 1-2 teaspoons
Avocado (sliced) 1 each
Sriracha Aioli (recipe below) 2 teaspoons
Wonton Strips As desired
Fresno Pepper 4 slices
Chives (minced) 1 tbsp
Sesame Seeds ½ tbsp
Arugula Leaves ½ oz
1. Toss tuna with ginger soy sauce.
2. Slice avocado and fan on plate.
3. Mound tuna on top of avocado.
4. Squirt aioli over top of tartare.
5. Garnish with fresno, chives, sesame, wonton strips, and arugula.
Mayo 1 Cup
Lime Juice ½ tsp
Sriracha ½ Cup
Steps: Mix ingredients together
Ginger Soy Sauce
Toasted Sesame Oil 1 Tbsp
Ginger (minced) 2 Tbsp
Garlic (minced) 1 Tbsp
Shallots (minced) ½ Cup
Soy Sauce 2 Cup
Orange Juice 1 Cup
Maple Syrup ¾ Cup
Sweet Chili Sauce ¾ Cup
1. In sauce pan over medium heat add toasted sesame oil and sauté the garlic,
shallots, and ginger until soft.
2. Add remaining ingredients reduce heat to a gentle simmer and reduce over
low heat for about 30 minutes to a light syrup consistency.