www.WDIO.com

Fire in Rice Lake Twp. Home Causes Severe Damage

Posted at: 11/05/2012 5:40 PM
Updated at: 11/05/2012 9:10 PM
By: Laurie Stribling
lstribling@wdio.com

A Rice Lake home went up in smoke this afternoon, and firefighters said it's severely damaged.

It happened before 1 p.m. Monday on Martin Road in Rice Lake Township. There was smoke coming from the house, but firefighters were able to contain the fire within a couple hours.

Rice Lake Fire Chief Matt Frantz said the initial investigation suggested it started on the main floor in the dryer. The fire spread, reaching the attic, causing severe smoke and water damage to the home.

The fire shut down Martin Road for about an hour and a half while crews worked on the scene. No one was injured and the it is not believed to be suspicious at this time.