www.WDIO.com

Small Fire at Superior Perkins

Posted at: 02/15/2013 8:05 AM
Updated at: 02/18/2013 1:05 PM
By: Scott Doane

The Superior Fire Department said it responded to a small fire at the Perkins restaurant around 5 a.m. Friday.

Crews said they were able to put out the blaze quickly. It began on the roof, and the fire department said the cause appears to be a malfunction in the exterior neon lighting system.

The fire department said initial damage estimates are at $10,000. No injuries were reported.

A manager at Perkins said the restaurant was closed after the blaze. But it will reopen as normal Friday morning.