Superior Firefighters Rescue Dog from House Fire

Posted at: 03/30/2013 9:25 AM
Updated at: 03/30/2013 3:00 PM

Superior firefighters rescued a dog from a fire that caused $20,000 damage to a house Friday night.

The fire at 1311 North 23rd Street was reported at 9:19 p.m.  Firefighters found a working fire in the basement when they arrived and were able to extinguish it quickly.

Firefighters rescued a dog from the basement and administered oxygen.  The dog regained consciousness and police officers took it to a Duluth veterinary hospital for treatment. 

No one was home at the time of the fire and no humans were injured.  The cause is under imvestigation.