www.WHEC.com

Candles cause fire on Lang Street

Posted at: 11/18/2012 7:48 PM

Rochester Fire Officials say a fire that broke out Sunday on the city's northside was accidentally caused by lit candles.

Crew were called to a house on Lang Street just after 1 p.m. Sunday afternoon that started in the residence's second floor bedroom. Firefighters arrived on scene in about three minutes and say they were able to put the fire out quickly. No one was hurt, but there is fire damage in that bedroom, along with smoke and water damage throughout the home.

Investigators say the fire was a result of lit candles in the bedroom. There were two people in the house when the fire started but they were able to escape safely. Those two adults are being assisted by the Red Cross with housing and clothing.