Posted at: 02/03/2013 9:16 AM
Updated at: 02/03/2013 9:17 AM
By: Associated Press
In just a few hours, the hype may subside a bit and the Baltimore Ravens and San Francisco 49ers can get down to business of deciding the NFL championship in Super Bowl 47.
Super Bowl 47 may also decide a few other questions leading up to the game:
- Can Baltimore coach John Harbaugh continue his mastery over brother Jim? John's Ravens beat Jim's 49ers 16-3 in their first meeting on Thanksgiving night in Baltimore in 2011?
- Can San Francisco quarterback Colin Kaepernick put to rest the myth that a scrambling, option-read quarterback can't win a Super Bowl?
- Can retiring Baltimore middle linebacker Ray Lewis end his 17-year career on a winning note?
- Can San Francisco kicker David Akers get over his yips? Akers missed 13 field goals in the regular season.
- Can Joe Flacco win the big one? The Baltimore QB owns an 8-4 postseason record but has never won a Super Bowl.
And for those football-challenged types who attend Super Bowl parties anyway, there may be two additional looming issues:
- Will Beyonce lip-sync the halftime show as she did the national anthem at the presidential inauguration?
- Will Alicia Keys lip-sync the national anthem as Beyonce did at the presidential inauguration?
- And which commercial will get the most buzz?