www.WHEC.com

500 students evacuated from UB North Campus dorm due to carbon monoxide leak

Posted at: 02/18/2013 9:36 AM

More than 500 University of Buffalo students had to evacuate from their dorms Sunday night because of a carbon monoxide leak.

News10NBC is told five students became sick – four were taken to the hospital and one was treated at the scene.

Crews were called to the Richmond Quad Housing area around 8:30 p.m. The housing area includes several underclassmen dorms on the UB North Campus.

Crews say a leaking boiler caused the problems. Everything was fixed and students were allowed back in the dorms around 11:15 p.m.