Need more time to file your taxes?

Posted at: 04/10/2013 11:46 AM

Have you filed your taxes yet? If not and you need more time before the April 15 deadline – there is good news.

The IRS says not to panic and that there are quick and easy solutions available. You can get an automatic six- month extension by going to Free File on IRS.gov.
Regardless of income, anyone can use this free service to request an automatic extension on Form 4868. Please note – it’s just an extension for more time to file, not an extension of time to pay.
This gives taxpayers until October 15 to file a return but you still must estimate the amount of tax you owe and pay it by April 15.