Posted at: 07/17/2013 3:06 PM
Mayor Richards has extended the city's Cool Sweep program through Friday as temperatures are expected to exceed 90 degrees.
Cooling sprays from hydrants will be open from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. City pools and Durand Eastman Beach will be open for longer hours.
The use of city spray parks will be open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m and pools in certain high schools and recreation centers will also open to the public.
The City of Rochester has declared a heat emergency through Friday as well and that means there will be additional locations where you can stay cool.
Because temperatures are expected to reach above 90 degrees, the Cool Sweep program extends into City library locations and recreation centers where residents can stay in an air conditioned building.
Library cooling areas:
- Arnett Branch Library, 310 Arnett Blvd.
- Lincoln Branch Library, 851 Joseph Ave.
- Maplewood Branch Library, 1111 Dewey Ave.
- Winton Road Branch Library, 611 N. Winton Road
Recreation Center cooling area:
- Carter Street Gym, 500 Carter Street (air conditioning only)
For more information on Cool Sweep hours and locations, click here