www.WHEC.com

Syracuse Police: 12 year-old girl electrocuted in inflatable pool

Posted at: 07/19/2013 11:06 PM
By: Associated Press



Police in Syracuse say a 12-year-old girl has died after being electrocuted in an inflatable swimming pool.
    
The accident happened at 7:15 p.m. Friday.
    
Police say the girl was filling the pool with water in her back yard when she picked up an extension cord or an electric pump that was plugged in to an outlet.
    
Witnesses told police the girl started shaking and fell into the pool.
    
A friend tried to pull her out and was shocked as well.
    
The victim, Paige Scheel, was pronounced dead at a hospital. Her friend was not seriously injured.