Posted at: 09/03/2013 7:32 PM
Updated at: 09/03/2013 7:41 PM
The story made national headlines when a major New York City music festival was shut down after two concert-goers died over the weekend. One of them, Jeff Russ, a man from Greece. Police believe the club drug, MDMA, commonly known as "Molly" might be the cause.
In addition to those two deaths, four other people were rushed to the hospital after overdosing on the drug. There has been a lot of talk about this over the past couple of days and as you may already know "Molly" is a more potent form of the drug ecstasy.
References to the drug have been popping up often in celebrity news as well as in music and pop culture.
Dr. Louis Papa talked with Lia Lando about how serious this drug really is and what you need to know to help keep your kids safe. To see the interview, press play on the video player.