Posted at: 11/17/2013 11:17 PM
Family members have identified the man who was severely burned when his boat caught fire at the Port of Rochester Saturday night.
Charles Roelle, 51, is currently in guarded condition at Strong Memorial Hospital. His son, Joshua Roelle said his father sustained burns to 44-percent of his body.
News10NBC is told Roelle was asleep on his boat when it caught on fire Saturday night. Fire officials believe a portable space heater may have malfunctioned, starting the fire.
Roelle's son says his dad is off a ventilator and breathing on his own.