Updated at: 09/10/2013 12:35 PM
(AP) CEDAREDGE, Colo. - One Colorado teen is dead and another is in critical condition after they were apparently exposed to carbon monoxide in a camper.
Delta County Sheriff Fred McKee said Tuesday the boys and one other friend were watching videos Sunday in a camper inside a shed. They apparently went to sleep when something caused them to be exposed to carbon monoxide, an odorless, colorless gas that can cause brain damage or death.
McKee says 17-year-old Reid Gates died, and Aaron Henrie, who is the same age, was in critical condition. McKee says 15-year-old Tyler Cooper wasn’t seriously injured.
The sheriff says the youths, who were in high school together, were discovered by Cooper’s parents.
McKee says a preliminary investigation indicates "this was just a tragic accident."
Information from: The Daily Sentinel, http://www.gjsentinel.com
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)