Posted at: 11/27/2012 4:50 PM
Updated at: 11/27/2012 6:02 PM
By: WNYT Staff
FORT ANN - Blasting will begin this week in Fort Ann at the site of last month's rock slide.
The State says the work will begin Friday and lanes in both directions will be shut down and detours put into place for two weeks.
"It will allow us to do around the clock work to blast and get rid of anything that many become a problem in the future. ....It's not a problem now, could become an issue down the road,” said Bryan Viggiani, NYSDOT Spokesman.
The State plans to blast several thousand cubic yards of rock from the area to stabilize the slope.
They're hoping to complete the work in time for the holidays.