Posted at: 12/08/2012 2:20 AM
Updated at: 12/08/2012 9:44 PM
1 8oz package of cream cheese (softened)
1 cup butter (2 stick)
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 cup finely chopped walnuts
¾ cups raisins
½ cup granulated sugar
¼ brown sugar
1 tsp sugar
8 tblsp apricot jam
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Beat with paddle attachment butter, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
3. Add flour and mix well.
4. Remove dough from the bowl and separate into 4 portions (discs). Wrap in wax paper and chill for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
5. Combine walnuts, raisins, granulated sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and set aside.
6. Remove cookie dough from the fridge and and roll each disc between 2 sheets of wax paper in to a 9” circle.
7. Remove top sheet of wax paper and spread with 2 tblsp of apricot jam. Sprinkle with ¼ of nut mixture and press down in to the dough.
8. Cut dough in to 10 -16 wedges and roll up tightly starting at wide end of each. Place point side down on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray or parchment paper. Repeat with remaining dough.
9. Beat 1 egg with 1 tbsp water and brush on tops of all the cookies. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove and place on wire racks upon removal from oven.