Firefighters battle two blazes in region

Posted at: 01/04/2013 4:53 PM
Updated at: 01/04/2013 5:55 PM
By: Andrew Murphy

A faulty circuit is being blamed for a devastating house fire Friday morning in Berkshire County.

It started around 5:30a.m. at 18 Brown Street in Adams.

Pictures from a NewsChannel 13 viewer show flames shooting through the roof.

No one was home at the time.

The home will likely be torn down.

In Washington County, a Fort Ann firefighter apparently caused a fire at his home while trying to thaw frozen pipes.

NewsChannel 13’s media partners at the Post-Star say fire crews were called to David Haines home Friday morning.

Fire chief Dave Gould would not discuss how Haines tried to thaw the pipes.