WNYT.com

People allowed back into Central Ave. buildings after gas leak

Posted at: 01/22/2013 6:30 PM
Updated at: 01/23/2013 1:54 AM
By: WNYT Staff

ALBANY - A gas leak forced businesses in the 300 block of Central Avenue to be evacuated for a time on Tuesday evening.

Among them, the studios and offices of local public radio station WAMC.

The buildings were evacuated around 5:30 p.m.

The evacuation order was lifted a few hours later, and the road has since reopened.

There are no reports of injuries.

Investigators are still trying to determine the source of the leak.