Posted at: 03/15/2013 9:02 AM
Updated at: 03/16/2013 9:50 AM
Mushrooms on Toast
1.5 cups oyster mushrooms
4 sprigs of thyme
1 tbs of olive oil
1 Tbs of unsalted butter
2 tbs of cider vinegar
1oz of chèvre
1 large slice of farm bread
Course kosher salt
Fresh cracked black pepper
1. Roughly chop mushrooms
2. Pick thyme off stems
3. Toast farm bread and set aside
4. Start a sauté pan on medium heat.
When the pan is ready add your olive oil and mushrooms. Season well with s&p.
5. In a non stick pan on medium high heat w/ olive oil. Crack the egg, being carful too not break the yolk. Cook the egg sunny side up ( or whatever your preference ) and set aside.
6. Stir oysters now and then. When they soften and begin too brown add the thyme. Continue to cook the mushrooms until they start to darken and crisp.
7. Turn the heat off the mushrooms and add the butter and cider. Stir until vinegar and butter make a sauce.
8. Spread the chèvre onto the toasted farm bread and place on serving plate.
Spoon the oyster mushrooms on top of the toast.
9. Finally place the egg on the toast and season with salt and pepper