WNYT.com

Local business evacuated after chemical incident

Posted at: 03/29/2013 4:15 PM
Updated at: 03/29/2013 4:22 PM
By: WNYT Staff

JONESVILLE - A chemical incident sickened 2 workers Friday in Jonesville.

The sheriff says a worker was trying to clean an area at the Clifton Park Rental Center and caused a chemical reaction with some liquids.

The 2 workers became ill and were rushed to urgent care for treatment.

The business was evacuated for about two and a half hours so the area could be decontaminated.