Fire destroys mobile home in Castleton, Vt.

Posted at: 12/28/2013 2:49 PM
By: Associated Press

CASTLETON, Vt. (AP) - A single mother and her three children are homeless after a fire destroyed their mobile home in the Vermont town of Castleton.

The fire started in a closet that contained the home's heater Friday morning.

Chandra Savage noticed the fire as she was getting ready for work and tried to put it out with a towel but the fire grew quickly.

Officials say she got her children out of bed and out of the house.

The Rutland Herald reports (http://bit.ly/1ga9ekP ) that the family is now staying with a relative in Poultney.


Information from: Rutland Herald, http://www.rutlandherald.com/

(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)